I’m learning that my seasonal bucket lists get me moving – the “A” in SOAR being Activating. They are actually an amalgamation of a bucket list, a check list, and an action plan. By putting it out there (in public), I feel compelled to do more of it than if it was just in my own head. Talk about accountability partners!
My Spring Bucket list had the theme of 10 New Things to help me SOAR in three areas:
- Healthy Living which focused on expanding healthy cooking, exploring new mind-opening areas like meditation and restarting weekly yoga
- Out & About which focused on getting up to 5 activities per week, trying 5 new restaurants, and restarting my travel thinking.
- Home Organization which included getting my office set up (finally) and doing spring clean up inside and out (paper purge, planting beds)
I did OK as I hit strongly on all three areas, even if I didn’t do everything I had listed in each area. I felt however, that I was “SOAR”-ing this spring and trying lots of new things, many of which were not listed as the original 10.
Summer brings with it much more outdoor time and great fresh produce. We are starting our summer in Florida, so lots of outdoor activities that I hope begins a personal trend for the rest of summer. I also just read Julia Cameron’s The Artist Way for Retirement (blog post review forthcoming) so I feel the need to push on creativity this summer.
My 3 areas to SOAR this summer:
- Increase movement using Fit Bit tracking – exercise activity 5 days a week, 7000 step goal 4 days a week (an increase for me) – continue yoga, zumba, walking, get out on the SUP, walk the dog.
- Eat more healthy with cooking healthy dinners with fresh stuff (berries, tomatoes, corn), exploring new recipes, hydrating more, and watching sugars better.
- Get outside more. My space meridian continues to be blocked, so I need to create more space in my life, both physically and mentally. So… go barefoot (to connect with the earth), eat on the patio, take a hike, walk on the beach.
More Out & About- Summer Fun
- 2-3 Summer road trips: ideas: Wright Patterson Air Museum (and Dorothy Lane store); Mammoth Cave; Syracuse Family visit (new thing – Air BnB!); Ohio State Fair
- 5-6 Summer Lovin Mini-Adventures with hubby – ideas: WW SUP, Farmer’s markets; Findlay market; Oakley Final Friday; Mad Tree Market; Goetta festival; ArtWorks Walk & streetcar (downtown); Cincinnati Nature Center hike; Riverbend concert; Motorcycle ride; Walk to Norwood Dairy Bar!
- New Connections with friends: ideas: Dog-days-of-summer pot luck; Girls mid-day movie (Oceans 8, Book Club); Morgan’s Twilight Canoe & Dinner (Thursday Night); FCC Soccer game.
- Plan Iceland trip for fall and explore opportunities for fall birding;
- Continue blogging and writing – post a blog weekly, continue to do link-ups, explore book publication, more yelp/foodie reviews
- Explore Podcasts: Richard Fidler, Thanks God its Friday, Mama Mia, Oprah
- Reinstate Artist Dates and restart creativity exploration. Read Byron Katie book, create new Vision Board, and write new scenarios.
I am hoping by putting this all out there that most of it comes to fruition! I want to continue to SOAR this year.
What are your summer plans?
Picture Credit: Pixabay