This is a mini-post on some musings that reading various blog posts and listening to podcasts through the past month have stimulated.
- Spring-cleaning this year is about releasing reminders of a different era and a different persona. It was time to let go of old work papers and memorabilia. Finding out about a free Shred Day also pushed me to complete a significant paper-purge! Are you still cluttered with your old persona memorabilia?
- I saw the words “mundane routine” and thought about how my daily routines don’t feel mundane anymore! I find peace of mind in my daily journaling and satisfaction in my weekly yoga and Zumba classes. I even have a feeling of accomplishment with regular errands and house cleaning. Life isn’t mundane!
- I’m reminded that as a Type-A recovering workaholic, relishing unscheduled time is still a work-in-progress. Spending time in a way that does not seem to be “productive” (like doing meditation, reading a novel, (just) commenting on blog posts, taking a mid-day nap) is a challenge to declare that a “feel-happy-day”.
- A few bloggers in the April A to Z challenge talked about being open to new things. Since I find it challenging to move out of my comfort zone, it’s made me question myself: How will I focus on learning moving forward to take advantage of this time of life? Some new affirmations: I will align my thoughts with the life I want to live. I will pay attention to synchronicity and live joyfully every day. I was inspired to start a Try 52 New Things this year list (inspired by Joanne at My Life Lived Full). More to come on that!
- Some blogger friends (Joanne – above & Karen – profound journey) have called themselves Seekers. The Seeker description had me thinking…Seekers are often on a journey of discovery. For me, seeking is not about missing out or finding the next fun/interesting thing; it’s satisfying my curiosity and finding my own truth/my own life. Are there different kinds of seekers? And this questioning led me down a multi-hour rabbit hole of discovery about archetypes! I discovered I’m a Sage, a seeker of knowledge. 🙂
- I was intrigued with this sensorial description of mindfulness that builds on the “S” in my SOAR: slow down and savor the taste of food, the spring breeze bringing in the scent of flowers, the cushy comfort of soft throws and pillows. SOAR is really working as my word of the year bringing both starting new things (activation) and mindfulness!
- Completing a 21-day meditation (an Oprah on-line freebie) reminded me that I am responsible for my own journey, my attitude, my reactions, and my happiness. My new mantra: I am becoming the ME I want to be – the ME I am meant to be. I am living the retirement lifestyle I’ve envisioned. I do deserve the good things that happen in my life, having the (good) things I have worked for. I am …. Active, Connected, Creative, Worthy.
I find various blogs and podcasts mind-stimulating. What’s your favorite mind-stimualting blogger, curated blog site, or podcast?
Picture Credit: created using Pixabay photo