Participating in the blog-link-up on Seasonal Bucket list has not made spring arrive any sooner this year. In fact, winter is hanging on longer than I can ever remember. However, it is time to consider – has the extended winter kept me from activating my Spring Bucket list?
My Spring Theme had 10 New Things to help me SOAR in three areas:
- Healthy Living
- Expand healthy cooking – I tried the Hello Fresh eating program for three weeks. While it was not very exciting food-wise (and quite expensive) it did motivate me to cook! I’ve cancelled that program and order a few weeks of Blue Apron, which I’ve been told is more “exotic” foods. I am enjoying the time in the kitchen.
- The 21-day meditation podcast sponsored by Oprah is complete. It was interesting (and will probably be a blog topic) but I’m not sure I’ve been converted to daily meditation. I did the April New Moon Ritual, and I bought Tarot cards and a guidebook so more to explore here.
- I re-started regular weekly yoga class and even did a new community yoga class with a friend.
- Out & About
- Getting up to 5 activities per week has been a challenge with the continued cold rain of winter. But, I’ve done a few walk & talks, one at the Cincinnati Zoo Blooms (the tulips were trying!). With weekly Zumba and some other walks to meet friends for dinner, this item has been almost met. I did purchase a FitBit (on sale!) and have programed it for 5 activities per week so I’ll have a true measure for the coming weeks.
- I had a lot of offers to help with my “try 5 new restaurants” item. Hubby thinks that the hotdog & soda at Costco counts because we had never done that before. However, I can say that there were 3 real new restaurants tried with thanks to some adventurous foodie friends.
- Explore Road Scholar and Birding Meet-ups – this one has no momentum. I will have to think on why!
- Our next Florida trip is planned but I have not restarted travel planning (Iceland is still lead candidate).
- Home Organization
- The office set up (a winter item carryover) still has a way to go although I did a huge paper file purge! Yeah for a spring-cleaning mindset.
- Even though nothing has been planted, we did create mulch beds in our new garden. As soon as Mother Nature allows spring to truly be here I’m heading to buy plants.
- I did sit outside on porch and watch the world go by on the one day it broke 70.
I am feeling extremely pleased with my progress. Maybe I was not as challenging to myself as I thought. But I am feeling like I am SOARing!
Picture Credit: Pixabay