A few bloggers have recently shared a “things you might not now about me” post (Suzanne’s Picture Retirement, Jo’s And Anyways). I found it interesting to learn more about them and then wondered, “Do my readers want to know me better?” Do you care who this person is who comes onto your feed on some (hopefully) regular basis? 🙂
So, inspired by Suzanne and Jo, here are 25+ things you might not know about me:
- I’m an introvert, a recovering pessimist, and an over-thinker. You probably figured out the third one from my blog, but people are often surprised by the first 2.
- I’ve visited all 50 states and 5 (of 7) continents. I have been to 24 of the US National Parks and flown around the world (twice). I have stood on the equator, on the Great Wall of China, and in Red Square. I’ve seen the Big Five in Africa, hiked in the Grand Canyon, and rode a camel in Dubai.
- I’ve zip-lined, been up in a hot air balloon, and snorkeled (despite not knowing how to swim at the time).
- When I was younger, I played the piano, sang soprano in choir, spoke Spanish, and skied (snow and water). I no longer have any of those skills.
- I love painted toenails, but hardly ever have painted fingernails. I don’t dye my hair, but have a secret desire to get a blue streak put in it. I have no tattoos.
- Despite working in the world of Beauty Care Research & Development for over 25 years, I have no regular skin care routine and rarely wear makeup (even pre-pandemic).
- I love live theater and arts & crafts shows. I’m a huge buyer of unique earrings.
- My favorite evening is a substantive conversation over a charcuterie board & wine.
- I like to learn about new things and synthesize them to figure out the “so what”. And that has become a huge component of this blog.
Are these new things to you? What’s one interesting thing I might not know about you?
Picture: This is me – done professionally. Hence, no hat & sunglasses.